Thursday 7 January 2016

January 2016 - Latest Research Updates

I have spent the last 3 years thoroughly researching my Clan Weir family history and trying to solve some long held family mysteries. At last I have made several important breakthroughs! A lot of the latest research I have included in my family magazine, The Macamhaoir Times, 12 editions of which I have published and are available online. The link to Issue One is here: https://readmo.re/e/04DV4


I have had a huge amount of help filling in the Lambie story from family historian Paul Lambie, who has done excellent work tethering together all of the various family strands together. The various geneology sites such as Ancestry, Find My Past, Geni and especially Scotland's People have been invaluable.

Recently I discovered more living descendants from my ancient forebears as well as the graves of my great great grandparents and have reconnected with family not heard of for 55 years. But in order for these revelations and discoveries to make sense I must first begin to tell our family story piece by piece and name by name!

No comments:

Post a Comment